Monday, April 25, 2005

Catching Up - slowly. . .

I’ve been delinquent. My blog’s been neglected. I couldn’t help it – it’s been a number of things – busy at my workplace, and busy with my classes and my tutoring. But also – guess I should be honest, because I just haven’t felt like it. The past few weeks have not been good – just haven’t been myself. Not terrible, but not happy, not enthusiastic nor too interested in the things I usually care about. Not sure why really, just one of those periods I guess.

This won’t get posted for many hours yet because here I am writing this at home on Sunday night, or Monday AM rather. Yes, I’m deviating from my usual practice of creating these at work. I brought my computer home because I wanted to leave work early on Friday, deciding to work a little from home this weekend instead to make up for it. Unsurprisingly, I didn’t turn on my computer until now just past midnight, and instead of working, I’m doing this instead. I’ll pay for this tomorrow. I never learn from experience. Next Friday, I think I’ll leave work early again.

So, what’s been going on? A few birthdays the past week and a half – both my brothers’ wives and oh yes my friend Princess Buttercup, all within six days. No comments for C. and O., because I saw and acknowledged them, and also because they don’t read this blog anyway. Good, that was easy.

If you know Princess Buttercup, you would see her the way I do. There is no other way – she is the most nakedly open and honest person I know. That is part of her special charm. It is impossible not to be engaged by her spirited generosity. Which begs the question why she’s friends with a dour person like myself. Anyway, in case I haven’t said so, Happy birthday, Princess. Sorry that I’m a week and a half late.

Speaking of pb, I wonder how her first class went yesterday. If I believe everything she tells me, then I’m guessing she left hockey early Friday night not to sleep but because the anxiety of speaking to a group kept her up all night studying and mentally preparing. This of course little more than foster even more anxiety, so I wonder if she even slept at all and if she puked outside the class before she started. Must make a point of asking. Or better yet, maybe she’ll volunteer without me asking. I hope she embellishes the story for the sake of my own entertainment.

I was wondering this as well on Saturday morning when I was driving out to my own class in Mississauga. You find yourself thinking many things in that long lonely drive. I think my lecture this weekend was perhaps the worst class I’ve ever done (honestly.) There is balance in the universe, so I’m sure pb must have done very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home