Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Oscar

It’s rare by the time the Oscar nominations are announced that I haven’t seen all the relevant movies. This year I’ve only been able to see two of the Best Picture nominations, “Sideways”, which I liked a lot and “Finding Neverland”, which I didn’t. I very badly want to see “Million Dollar Baby” and “The Aviator”, but not “Ray.”

Nothing untoward for Jamie Foxx, but I have a beef with actors who get nominations for playing real life people. They’re PROFESSIONAL ACTORS for god’s sake! - Of course they do a great job IMITATING someone else. Isn’t it much harder to CREATE a new character than to model yourself after someone else?

And isn’t there an unfair advantage when judging performances? Doesn’t the audience now have a reference point to compare to? - Philistines . . .

I feel the same way about actors who play mentally disabled characters.

God, I’m glad this stuff’s not important to me anymore. . .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home