Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Canadian Winter

Snow day.

These are days when it's great to "work from home." Today it took me 2 hours and 5 minutes to drive 22 km to work. Sad. Years ago when I used to run, I could finish 21.1 km in 1 hour and 50 minutes.

I wonder how long it would take to run 22 km with a laptop strapped over my back. . . Hmm, never mind, that was ten years and twenty pounds ago. . .

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I guess my time day wasn't really as long as 2:05. I did stop off at Tim Horton's, but on days like today that costs no more than 12 car lengths of road. - Ok, forget everything I just said - the point is; it took a long time to get to work today.

On a positive note, I was lucky to catch both "whole lotta love" and "communication breakdown" on the radio. Two samplings of Zeppelin right after breakfast - you just know it's going to be a great day.

As I drove into the parking lot, Q107 starting playing "Bohemian Rapshody". I was tempted to sit and wait to the end of the song, I was already so damned late anyway. But I resist - it's important to set an example for others. (What others?)

Mental note to myself - listen to Queen Greatest Hits Vol. II when I get home tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home